Thursday, November 17, 2005

Birthday Cards and More

When in need of a quick card fix, where to turn?

Marmalade Skies was the perfect place to buy valentines, birthday cards, stickers, the odd candy, etc. Sadly, Marmalade Skies is no more. So one must search elsewhere for the perfect card.

Here is a list of what I recommend:

Birthday Cards - Little Luxuries. The helpful staff will also point you toward flat items that you can fill the card with, like magnets, fancy confetti and more.

Baby Cards or Birthday Cards for Children - Capitol Kids. They carry one of my favorite lines of greeting cards, Peaceable Kingdom.

Odd Variety Cards - Pop Deluxe. These cards are outrageous, charming, trendy and readily available in the 300 block of State. Need I say more?

Your Garden Variety Card - Badger Office Supply. They also have stamps, which I stop in for more than anything.

Arty Cards - Overture Art Shop. Don't know when this is opening, but I used to like the old Civic Center gift shop for cards and whatnot and have been missing it sorely. But not as bad as I miss the Rad Rye, whose space the new art shop may have obliterated. For shame. And for the love of the veggie rueben, I mourn thee.

No comments: