Saturday, October 06, 2007

fromagination

I have been waiting for you my whole life! An artisanal cheese store opened on the square on Carroll St. next to Badger Office Supply this week. It is amazing. There are cheeses. There are organic crackers. There are chocolates. Frosted cookies. Chutneys. Mustards. Even some peppy ostrich sticks that quite pleased my hubby. I am in love with a pumpkin spiced cheese spread made with the milk from the happy sheep that graze in Wisconsin's driftless area (this might be Westby). Hidden Springs Creamery makes a Driftless cream spread to rival any spreads I have had since Madison Bagel was making a salsa cream cheese. (RIP Madison Bagel, I still dream of the whole wheat world, even with Gotham just down the block). But happy new day, for fromagination. I wish it all the best.

No comments: