Friday, October 05, 2007

Mmmm, gelato

Suddenly, "Madison-Area" is exploding with gelato. Which is fine by me, but I don't spend that much time in America's best suburb (aka Middleton). State Street still only has one premier gelato joint and I am going to focus on that.

Hooray for
Paciugo. I am working through all the flavors with my merry band of taste testers (thanks Veronica, Nancy, Kelly and Laura!). I always get the small cup with three flavors and have worked my way through: lavender, rose, violet, panacotta wedding cake, berry white, black pepper olive oil (amazingly fruity and delicious), chocolate almond, black cherry swirl, pistachio, coconut, chocolate coconut, chocolate peanut butter, chocolate turtle, cinnamon, dulce de leche, fondente, tiramisu, rum raisin, watermelon and strawberry balsamic. I draw the line at beer.

At 70% less fat than ice cream, I can eat there almost three times as much as Chocolate Shoppe and not feel guilty! And it is fun and delicious.

No comments: