Thursday, October 18, 2007

Sardine

How do I love thee, let me count the ways...

Sardine is my favorite place for dinner. Marigold Kitchen is my favorite place for lunch. I spend far too little time dining at either establishment. Here is a recent run-down of what I like about Sardine:

The Steamed Mussels and Frites. (I have ordered this every time I have dined at Sardine and it is amazing.) The mussel are perfectly prepared. The creamy broth with diced tomatoes and onions is flavorful and not cloying. The frites are crisp, hot and twice fried. The homemade mayonnaise is thick and tangy. I will continue to order it EVERY TIME.

The Warm Duck Confit Salad. I don't eat duck. But I eat it at Sardine. The duck is finely shredded, smoked and moist. The salad is crisp and although I don't like frisee per se (too tricky to eat) the sharpness really contributes to the overall taste. Add fresh green beans, tomato, lardon (bacon, bacon, bacon), crispy fried potato medallions and a poached egg and I am in heaven.

Potato Leek Soup. Best my hubby has ever had.

Various Entrees. All of the entrees are superb, but I really don't need anything other than the mussels. And I admit it. I will gladly eat the veal. I enjoy this restaurant so much, that I will eat things that I tell people I would never eat. Namely duck and veal. But I would gladly eat goat cheese stuffed chicken breast with a zucchini carrot cake, grilled pork chop with roasted peaches, or anything that you set in front of me. Because everything is that good.

No comments: