Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Cafe Soleil

This entry veers off State Street two blocks to the east, on the Pinckney side of the square. Cafe Soleil is the breakfast/lunch eatery owned by L'Etoile and home to the remarkable chocolate sand cookie. Their pastries are always fresh and the coffee is a notch above the rest.

After walking to grab some coffee on a quick mid-morning break with some colleagues, I thought I should write this gem up. My latte was perfect and I left dreaming of brioche and the trout salad, even though I wasn't hungry. Here is the menu.

Add to all this goodness: they have recycled coffee cups. Cafe Soleil has gone green and switched all of their disposables to products that are made of either biodegradable/compostable materials, like corn, or 100% recycled content. Amen.

No comments: