Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Coffee at Cosi

I had a latte at Cosi and it was delicious! I admit it, I was surprised. I had never ordered any coffee beverages there (I might have ordered milk a couple of times) and I will definitely order a latte again. I have been going through a latte upheaval lately - I really don't like a scorched tasting latte (who does?) and my usual favorite place has been tasting kind of scorchy.

Kudos to the new seasonal menu items at Cosi, as well. The salad bruschetta is just my thing - it is so flavorful, I don't even add the balsamic. I am such a sauce person, this is quite remarkable. The salad consists of grilled chicken, cannellini beans, fresh basil, tomatoes, red onions, cracked pepper, Romano cheese & mixed greens. It is served layered, which is unusual and works really well for a salad like this. Highly recommended.

One last note, the last time I was there, the baker was making a pan of the oatmeal energy cookies that they have in baskets by the cash registers and man, did those look great! They are neatly wrapped in cellophane and I haven't been tempted before, but now that I know they are made fresh in-house, I will certainly give them a try.

No comments: