Friday, October 19, 2007

Maharani Wahoo

Just a hop, skip and jump from the Downtown library, Maharani's Indian lunch buffet is without a doubt a favorite place for librarians who lunch. Or at least my posse. That joint is flavor-filled to the gills and the hot naan just keeps coming. My favorites include: dahi vadas (lentil donuts in yogurt sauce), dosas (crepes filled with potato and onion), any of the curries, pakoras and samosas, the chicken tikka masala, gulab jamuns (deep-fried dough soaked in syrup), kheer (rice pudding), and of course, the mango ice cream. I always eat until I am feeling rather sicky, and my hair smells like curry for at least 12 hours, but I can't wait to go back and do it all over again.

Located in the original building of Metropolitan Place at the corner of W. Washington and Broom, Maharani also offers free parking. In downtown Madison! That is the greatest wahoo of all.

Reviews:
Daily Page Forum
Madison Magazine
Wisconsin State Journal

No comments: